Wednesday 26 August 2009

A revived 80's sound...

Thought I'd chuck up a brief post in between the joys of assembling Ikea furniture, cooking tea, playing video games and arranging to buy classic cars...

I've linked you to these guys:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tianaman/262212625187?ref=nf#/home.php?ref=home

Check them out, they have one track on their profile at the moment 'Wake up'. So far it reminds me of many things I have heard before, but I kind of like this as it's nice to hear these sounds again. Influences strike me as: Glasvegas, Joy Division, New Order, Jesus and Mary chain etc...

...melodic yet repeatitive bass riff, sharp simple drumming and of course violent, yet restrained lyrics... formulating a good track all in all.

From what I can understand the band consists of two members, not a bad sound for two people... haven't heard two people make such a good sound since I last listened to OMD.

Maybe I'm giving these guys too much credit, but I personally really enjoy their only track. If it was simply experimentation I think it's worked, if not then I look forward to hearing some more.

Feel free to leave your opinions (After you've heard them)

PS, just found their old myspace page with an additional track on it:
http://www.myspace.com/tianaman

No comments:

Post a Comment